After a combination of a collapsed shelf, two episodes of various next top models, and a trip to the shops where I purchased TWO pairs of new shoes, I decided to revamp and rearrange (read: clean) my shoe storage. In 2 wardrobes with 2 racks, one shelf, a basket of flip flops (thongs for the aussies, jandals for the kiwis) – I took a stock take of my shoes.
Here is what I found – An astonishing 42 pairs! (That was after I put 4 pairs in the clothing bag for charity). Not counting another 8 pairs of thongs, gumboots, 3 pairs of joggers, ugg boots and soccer boots!
After seeing other bloggers take part in the 30 for 30 challenge (where you wear 30 items of clothing for 30 days) I decided to give myself my own fashion challenge.
Introducing – Shoesapalooza!
The Aim: To wear a different pair of shoes every day for 30 days. I rationed that out of 42 ish pairs I could definitely find 30 I could wear every day.
1. Sneakers, thongs, ugg boots and soccer boots do not count.
2. Any pairs can be worn, but only once in the 30 days.
3. I can only re-wear a pair of shoes within the 30 days if on that particular day I wear 2 pairs of shoes (eg flats at work then heels at night).
4. Putting the shoes on and strutting around my apartment for 2 minutes then taking them off DOES NOT COUNT as a daily wear. No not even the sparkly red Dorothy heels.
5. No shoe buying of any sort for 30 days at least… The idea is to maximise what I already have not feel the need to buy more.
To keep myself honest, I’ll track this mission here.
Beaver v. Shoes begins tomorrow!